When I first envisioned my website, I had this idea that I would do a "Jordan's top 5" sort of update each week. The goal was to share my top 5 favorite things that I saw, heard, learned, etc that week. I'm no longer committing to that sort of consistency, because I know how I am. That being said, here's what's trending on my life timeline right now. :)
1. Scholastic announced a new Harry Potter series that illustrates the already beloved J.K Rowling book series. They intend to release a new book each year with 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' being released in October of this year. As an over-the-top HP fan, this news is beyond exciting! I'm apart of that generation that literally grew up with Harry Potter and now here's a chance for another group of 11 year olds to experience the magic. We already have the first images from the first book thanks to artist Jim Kay. Check out the images here: http://www.bustle.com/articles/58567-sneak-peeks-of-new-illustrated-harry-potter-and-the-sorcerers-stone-are-here-and-they-are
2. Disney released an update on the construction of the new AVATAR land making a home in the Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World. It said to feature an AVATAR flying ride that combines 3D graphics to create a ride unlike anything we've ever seen. While I was reading up on this, I saw the concept art for the first time. I wasn't overly excited about this new addition to Disney World, but now that I've seen the plans? I can't wait to see it IRL! Also, did you know they are filming sequels to AVATAR?! http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/10/first-look-avatar-to-come-to-life-at-disneys-animal-kingdom/
3. Ad Week dubbed this Vogue Paris ad campaign "creepy." But I think it's brilliant. http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/models-pose-high-fashion-dolls-their-store-packaging-creepy-photos-vogue-162373
4. KATE MIDDLETON IS OFFICIALLY ON INSTAGRAM. Sort of. The Kensington Palace is on Instagram, and while the bio claims to share photos of the palace, Prince Harry, and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, so far it's been over run with photos of the always fashionable Her Royal Highness. The Instagram handle is @kensingtonroyal.
5. My sister got me a sewing machine for Christmas... I'm sew pumped to start creating things!!!!!
To see my other blog posts click here.